Cash Cow For Crooks - Our American Healthcare System

The American Healthcare System is pandemic in fraud and that needs to be taken care of first before we can save real money in the system. We could save multi-billions if the system was revamped and the opportunity for easy money was eliminated. I know what a debacle our healthcare system is in, I spent months preparing my company for Medicaid and Medicare approval. It reminds me of taking a dry towel every 5 minutes to dry off when you're standing in the rain. There seems to be no end to redundancy and complexity. A system in complete dissaray and bleeding profusely.

I know this as a fact since I spent months getting the necessary requirements for my companies approval for Medicaid and Medicare. Just to get the process started you have to get approved and checked by no less than three clearing-houses. What a nightmare.

Lately there has been a lot of talk about IT and cross operational platforms to help reduce costs and save us from high medical expenses. Our government and most consumers havn't got a clue how our Healthcare System works and how the system has turned into a "Cash Cow" for the crooks. The system is 'Bleeding Profusely", and it will take more than a bandaid to fix it.


The consumer is over charged every step in the process, all the way to bankruptcy. I read an article how in 2007-2008, 61% of bankruptcies were caused by medical bills, this was up from 27% just a few years before.

Yesterday I was having lunch with an elderly man 70 yrs old and he asked what I did. I told him very proudly. Sir I distribute premium medical equipment and supplies and my company carries the best crutches, forearm crutches, bedside commodes and bed tables in the country. He could tell I was passionate in what I did and he told me his story. He retired from General Motors and he that was a diabetic he then mentioned that his co-pay was $11.00 every time he went in for a check-up. The doctor usually rushes him through but recently spent approx 10 minutes with him and he appreciated it, until he checked out. It seems the doctor charged his co-pay $33.00 this time. Well lets do the math, for 10 minutes he charged $20.00. That equates to $120.00 an hour.

Oh now if the co-pay was just 20% of total bill then that leaves a bill of 50 minutes more he can charge for and the Insurance would pay for. We know he charges $33.00 for every 10 minutes. This is a patients portion, so $33.00 times 5 is equal to $165.00. so here is what you have. Whether the man or the insurance company pays for this a total cost that the doctor is billing just for a check-up is $198.00. This is not $198.00 an hour it's almost $200.00 every ten minutes or $1,200 and hour. I don't care how you cut this it is wrong!

It gets worse. This doctor hasn't even started charging for any scripts or extras he can bill for. This happening in my own backyard and I'm sick of it!

In every facet of the healthcare process everyone is overcharging and no one is watching the ship.

Significant savings can occur by supporting preventative care, wellness programs and education. Throw real money at this so people will follow and use recommendations. Unless we have a system that provides monetary incentives for better health, consumers won't use it.

Health abuse and expense occur with the foods that are recommended and are so-called healthy. My pet peeve is our ludicrous diet with all the non-nutritional foods being marketed and promoted as healthy. It's causing our society to be obese and psychologically we depend on it, many of the additives and artificial ingredients are causing severe mental and physical problems, they have addictive properties and exacerbate current and future medical conditions. Examples include diabetes, headaches, MS and other neurological conditions.